Friday, July 19, 2013

I'm not dead.

So I realized I haven't written a blog in what feels like forever.  Well, I'm bored and on duty, so here goes!  Honestly not a lot has happened in the past couple of months.  Nothing really worth mentioning.  I've lost about 15 lbs, gotten stronger, getting ready to deal with new orders, and in general still dealing with the same irritating issues at work.  Stressed to high heaven, as usual, but it's all good.  I'm learning to deal pretty well with stress. 

I did manage to start (and stick to) the paleo diet.  I hadn't tried it before since a co-worker said she actually gained weight on it.  Fortunately for me, it had the opposite effect.  I also quit drinking.  Granted, I wasn't much of a drinker to start with, and I've never had a problem with drinking.  But it's just empty calories that do nothing but retain water and make you fatter.  Yeah, I'm good thanks.  It's also expensive, especially around here.  I'll spend my money elsewhere, if you don't mind.  I know a lot of people are giving me hell about this, but that's their problem.  I haven't even wanted it.  The only thing I've wanted was a piece of dark chocolate, which I was unable to obtain (in all honesty, that's probably ok.) I've made a lot of adjustments and had some major results from what I'm doing.  I have zero intention of going back.  I do, however, from time-to-time, miss bread.  That's what happens when you take bread away from an Irish/German girl!!!!  I'll make some paleo bread here soon.  I want a paleo soda-bread recipe. Yum.

Anyway, that's about it.  I'll try to get back into the habit of posting here, but we'll see.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment