Sunday, October 12, 2014

Ok, so I realize it's been a little while (or a few months...) since I've written anything, and my one lovely reader is a bit worried about me. I love you, Toni!!! Lol.  So here's what's been happening lately:

I FINALLY escaped my last command, thank God.  That place was starting to crush my soul.  August 1st was a very happy day, lol.  I spent a week at home, then came back to start more schools for the Navy.  SHF has been completed, and was surprisingly easy and made complete sense.  That can only tell me that once I actually get to it on the ship, I'm going to be 110% lost.  Not much I can do about that now!!

Now I'm in yet another school, after a week of being on holds (which was completely worthless).  This school is actually useless, and my instructors have said so.  My ship doesn't even have the systems they're allowed to teach.  The one on the ship is newer, and they haven't gotten an approved course for it yet.  Thank you, Navy, for being useless.  My one instructor recently came from my ship, though.  She's been trying to warn me of how awful it is.  Lovely.  I'm trying to keep my head up, though.  I'm only going to be there long enough to get my ESWS, drop an OCS package and leave once the orders come through for me to go play officer.  I don't even care anymore.  I'm not about ship life.

On a more personal note, life got turned on it's head to say the least.  I've been spending a lot of time with a friend, and yes, admittedly, perhaps my emotions got the better of me.  But for in hind sight, it's ok.  I needed to learn a few things, and this person found a way to help me with that.  I've gotten stronger, I'm not as hard on myself or quite as negative, and things seem just fine.  It's just another part of the journey in life, right?

Well, that's all I have for now.  I might post again in another 8 months or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment